Before I start this update, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who read this blog. I originally started this as a way to archive my ideas and showcase my skills for future potential employers. That 3.5 years ago at this point. I still partly keep this blog updated for the reasons mentioned before, but it has become so much more popular than I had ever imagined (see image below). Looking at the statistics of all the people that read this and hopefully gain something from this blog makes it that much easier to keep this updated regularly. So thanks for reading.
Below are some build pictures of making the new assembly:
All of these proposed changes can be seen in the pictures of the CAD model below:
I used this super helpful video from Robert Cowan to reprogram my drive ESCs along with some help from some fellow builders who had a little more experience than I did to work out some of the kinks. All told it took a lot longer than I had anticipated and left my desk looking like this for about a week or two: